The weekend saw our partners at NCFC lifting the championship title...Read more »
Summer time is fast approaching and to have you fully prepared.......Read more »
With Mother's Day soon upon us we have drawn together a number of ideas to ensure you give your super Mum a super special day....Read more »
Free bedroom upgrades
Have you ever stolen jealous glances at an Executive suite to then find your own bedroom seriously lacking on the luxury and comfort front?
Well look no further than our top tips to increase your chances of bagging a free upgrade at any hotel.
- Don’t book the cheapest room. This rule will apply to most hotels, especially those with several room grades.
- If your dates are flexible, you could try and research when the hotel is quieter than normal. Many hotels are close to empty on Sundays (this often applies to us) so for this reason your chance of an upgrade is much higher.
- Ask the question. If you don’t ask you don’t get as the saying goes.
- Be nice. This sounds like a silly statement, but it couldn’t be truer in hotels. For example couples that arrive and are friendly and chatty with the staff often receive free upgrades as the warm atmosphere rubs off and the check in team will want to ensure they have the nicest stay possible.
- Become a regular. Hotels like most businesses, love repeat customers. You are far more likely to receive a free upgrade if you use the hotel repeatedly.
- Say why you should get an upgrade. Anniversary, Birthday any special occasion let the check in team know this will always increase your chances.
- Book directly with the hotel. This is probably the most important of all our tips. If you book your room through a third party agent such as Hotels.com the hotel will lose up to 30% of your room rate. So for the £100 you paid they only get £70. Hotels should and mostly do, match or offer better room rates when a guest books direct.
So voila there you have it, our top 7 tips to try and wangle a free bedroom upgrade.
P.S don’t forget you are never entitled to a free upgrade, but most hotels love to see their guests enjoying their finest bedrooms so if they have a few available you might just be lucky.